Thursday, February 5, 2009

Upgrade Yourself!!!

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones." Helena Rubinstein
Ok, ladies time for some honesty (and we all need it from time to time).....I have a huge pet peeve concerning lazy women in terms of upkeeping their visual appearance. Chipped nail polish, ashy legs/feet, no earrings in ears, etc. are all unacceptable. A few extra moments in the morning or before going out in the evening goes a longggggggg way!!! I'm not 100% perfect but I do try to be conscious of the way that I look whether in sweat pants or a mini dress. I mean picture it a woman with banged out makeup, a cute little black dress and the baddest pair of Zac Posen heels you ever layed eyes on and her feet are cracked, nail polish chipped, and her undergarments are visibly showing (and not in the cute fashionable way.) Uhgggg, catastrophe!!
The foundation of any outfit is the body and if the foundation is screwed up then anything you put on top of it is just not going to appear beautiful. A polished look is what we should be going for ladies, and visual panty lines, head scarf still on from last night's sleep, and hairy legs will not get us that. Most of us desire to be fashionable, stylish, and polished. We want the opposite sex (or same sex whichever you prefer) to view us as a "bad chick" and like we have ourselves together!
First impressions are everything and it would be to your best interest to look presentable. Don't get me wrong I am not encouraging buying designer clothes or always wearing dresses and heels, on the contrary, wear whatever you want and can afford, just look stunning in it. I want to encourage a mindset of leaving out the house and "coming correct." I strongly believe in having a maintenance day at least once a week. Use that day to shave your legs, change polish or polish your nails and toes, touch up eyebrows, or even have a workout session. A little bit can go a long way. I'm not suggesting this to just attract or meet other people. Do it for yourself, BE the best woman you can, don't just become one when an event comes up. BE SEXY FOR YOU!

I highly recommend for every woman to have on her book shelf (and it is super sexy to read) "The One Hundred- A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own" by Nina Garcia & "That Extra Half an Inch" by Victoria Beckham.


These books will definitely give you tips on upgrading yourself. I absolutely love them!!!

3 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    oh wow love this entry this is so true and I must admit my boyfriend will claim that at times I can be one of those lazy women. Great great great entry
    ShonaVixen said...
    i so hear you gurl...loving ur place hon!!!
    Veronica Marché said...
    Chuuuuuch. I've just started giving myself weekly manicures, and I've been amazed at how much a little change can make me feel so polished and... I guess, "complete."

    And you're right. It's not about the clothes -- it's about the details.

Post a Comment