Tuesday, February 3, 2009








Jimmy Choo "Grant" Satin Silk Peep Toe Shoe


I love black stilettos!!! Putting on a pair with a sexy pencil skirt makes me feel super sexy and ultra confident and not to toot my own horn but I have been told I have nice legs so I do like to show them off when I feel the urge! These shoes are used for more than wanting to just feel sexy. When I put them on I’m doing it because I’m bout to step out into a world that could tear me to shreds if I do not conform to a certain image or standards. However, I’m strong, confident, and woman enough to stand true to my own set of beliefs. Am I sometimes afraid when I step out? YES, but I still have to step out because I am more afraid of looking back at my life and seeing that I never did what I always wanted to do or worst, WHAT I WAS DESTINIED to do. I’m not afraid that I’ll fail at my endeavors , I’m afraid that I’ll actually succeed.

That may sound stupid but it is an honest emotion. Not a fear of failure but rather yet a fear of success. To further explain this weird yet very common trepidation…..it’s a fear of all your dreams becoming reality and you actually becoming completely happy. Who am I that I could be granted such an honor of complete and utter happiness? I truly believe that “God does not give us dreams to taunt us.” “If you believe it then you can achieve it.” What is the point to have ideas, aspirations, and desires about what you could achieve and never try to pursue them? People including myself will try to make all sorts of excuses about why they can not pursue what they have always wanted but blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, ya….there is no time like the present and life will be over sooner than you know it. For me the power of a stiletto is real, but it really isn’t that the shoe has some magical powers they just assist in shaping my attitude and outlook and I feel confident, and that is the most important thing. Confidence is the sexiest thing that a woman can wear. Confidence shines thru whether a woman is in a pair of Christian Louboutins or New Balances, the woman makes the shoes not vice versa.


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.” –Nelsen Mandela (Inaugural Speech 1994)


Don’t be afraid anymore, put on your best high heels or whatever it is that does it for you and walk out into this world and chase don’t follow your dreams. Happiness doesn’t always come to us we sometimes have to go out and get it ourselves. They say “good things come to those who wait” but I don’t think whoever “they” were, were referring to happiness!

1 Comment:

  1. LadyD said...
    LOve LOve LOVE Stilettos!!

Post a Comment