Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Workout Wednesday

So spring is almost here and that means summer is right around the corner. Now we should all be striving to become healthy individuals, but some added, call it superficial if you want, perks to exercising are looking extra cute in your clothes and having everyone tell you how good you look. Now I have been working out with my trainer Carlos at Beyond Fitness for almost a year now and have been getting a lot of those "added perks!"
Now for "Workout Wednesday" the workout tip that I feel has been truly beneficial to my progress is "spurts of intense cardio." In a nut shell what Carlos is having me do is run at a moderate pace for about a minute then he raises the intensity for another minute and after that minute I go back to the moderate pace. Each time he raises the intensity higher and higher but after the minute I'm back to the moderate pace. I keep following this pattern for about 10 minutes with each time raising the intensity higher and higher. At first this was a killer "warm up" but I have gotten better cause now we incorporate incline while still raising the intensity and now I can run at a more intense level for 2 minutes instead of the 1. I really enjoy this method because I burn a lot more calories a lot faster and it isn't as boring as just running on a treadmill for 10minutes at a constant pace. I highly recommend "spurts of intense cardio." I don't know about you but I am going to be swim suit ready this season!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment